Questions to ask in a divorce initial consult
If you are considering a divorce, you will have a lot of questions about the process and what to expect. A divorce lawyer can help answer your questions and give you the guidance you need to make the best decisions for your situation. Here are some common questions that people should make sure are answered during their divorce initial consult:
1. How much will my divorce cost?
2. How long will my divorce take?
3. How will our assets be divided in a divorce?
4. How will our debts be divided in a divorce?
5. How will child custody and parenting time be decided in a divorce?
6. How will child support be decided in a divorce?
7. How will maintenance/alimony/spousal support be decided in a divorce?
8. What are the tax implications of a divorce?
9. What are the implications of a divorce for my estate planning?